Someone please explain why everyone cares so much for him? Did i miss something becasue i just dont get all the hype and attention he has been getting recently.
Someone please explain why everyone cares so much for him? Did i miss something becasue i just dont get all the hype and attention he has been getting recently.
Reeking of awesomeness!
didnt even last 3 innings.......stellar start shithead.......crown his ass
i hope his arm falls off so all this assbag yankee fans will STFU about him being the next cy young
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
I was not impressed at all
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
Yall are judging a guy on his first start which is dumb...the guy has great stuff and will have a few cy youngs one day
a few CYAs??
care to place money on that?
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
Joba is/was electric in a limited role. He may be able to be a good or even a very good starter but being able to pitch over 5-7 innings is different than being lights out for an inning. He won't just be seeing batters one time in a game or 3-4 times in a year, but 3 times in a game. He also can't sit and throw 98 every fastball. I honestly would rather see him in the starting rotation, as a Sox fan, for the simple logic he only can help them every fifth day as opposed to 2 out of every 3 days. He also is not going to be an inning eater, so he's going to extend the Yanks bullpen more so, and make people fill different roles in the pen. It used to be possible but Mariano can't go 2 inning daily like he used to be able to, and does anybody really trust Farnsworth to do it?
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yall are judging a guy on his first start which is dumb... </div></div>
Some potential should have been evident, I saw none...He is a reliever, they should leave it at that...
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
I think he could be a decent starter. Im not going to judge it all on one trip. He was at a disadvantage before the game when they mentioned his pitch count. Extra patience by batters helped limit his innings. I can see him being a nice 2 or 3 down the road. I doubt he will ever be a dominant 1 though. Muchless a multitime Cy Young winner as someone on here believes.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks